Uber Class Action TCPA Settlement:
- The Uber TCPA Settlement is in regards to text messages that were sent by Uber to consumers during the dates between December 31st, 2010 and August 17th, 2017
- The offfical name of this case is Vergara, et al. v. Uber Technologies, Inc. and is in regards to text messages sent which may have been against the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- No court decision was rendered and Uber denies that it did anything wrong and denies violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act – Settlement has been reached without court decision
- The final approval hearing on the settlement is January 23, 2018 but claims for this settlement must be filed by December 15, 2017 in order to be part of the settlement class
Class Action lawsuits are increasingly common in our litigious society. In many cases, people are part of class action suits without even being aware that a suit has been filed. In the case of The Uber TCPA Settlement there are many people who may have been affected by this settlement. The good news is that if you do not want to do anything you can simply take no action and you will not be included in the class settlement. This will preclude you from being part of any settlement payment made during the settlement process.
If you have received an email or postcard you will find that it includes a Class Member ID. This will be necessary to file your claim online. Once you access the online claim submission you will enter this number and proceed with submitting your claim.
Still Need More Details Regarding The Uber TCPA Settlement?
- Once you log in using your Class Member ID you will then be directed to a claim for specific to the claim class you are a part of (A, B, or C settlement class)
- Knowing the deadlines of class action suits is extremely important and failure to adhere to the settlement deadlines may alter your rights