Upgrading To A Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card
Southwest has long been teamed up with Chase Bank to offer their reward credit card to consumers which allows customers to earn points to be used with Southwest Airlines. Previously, Southwest provided the Rapid Rewards Plus Card and The Rapid Rewards Premier Card but now customers can also choose from the Priority Card. Customers who have the old products (Plus or Premier Card) from Southwest have the opportunity to upgrade their previous card to the new Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card. During this upgrade offer, customers can replace their existing card with the new Priority Card and enjoy a one time 5,000 point bonus when a purchase is made on their new card by September 30th, 2018.
Details Regarding The Changes Consumers Will Have on Their New Card:
- Cardholders receive anniversary points each year they maintain an account – the new card will provide the most anniversary points at 7,500 each year
- Rapid Reward Priority Cardholders will receive a $75 annual credit for traveling with Southwest – flights will need to be booked using your Priority Card
- On the day of travel, customers with this new card can upgrade their boarding priority 4 times each year (boarding positions A1-A15) and will be reimbursed each year as statement credit
- This card is the most premium of the Southwest Credit Cards offered and has a $149 annual fee (more on this below)
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card is overall a very nice deal for customers who frequently travel with Southwest. If you have one of the existing products you currently can upgrade your card to earn additional points. In order to upgrade your card you can visit the Priority Card Upgrade Site at www.PriorityCardUpgrade.com which will allow to you enter your current card information to being the upgrade process. The following information will be required to begin the upgrade process for your card:
- First and Last Name of the cardholder
- The Last 4 Digits of Your Current Southwest Card
- The billing zip code for your Credit Card
- If you are eligible based on this information provided you can continue the upgrade process
Once you have completed the upgrade process you will be sent your new card in the mail. The new card must be used by September 30th, 2018 (a purchase will need to be posted to your account before this date) in order to receive your upgrade bonus of 5,000 points. Your bonus points will be applied to your Rapid Rewards account within 8 weeks of completing the bonus requirements. In addition to the new features discussed above your will receive previous benefits such as no foreign transaction fee, 2x points for Southwest purchases, and 1x points on all other purchases. Additionally, thanks to the $75 Southwest Travel credit with this card, you can consider this a discount on your annual fee making this card very competitive relative to other premium travel credit cards.