TruFit Student Loans
- Apply for a student loan from Citizens Bank
- Citizens Bank is a brand name of RBS Citizens, N.A. and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania
- Questions about the Citizens Bank Double Loyalty site can be directed to 1-888-716-4767
The customer can start an application, finish an application that was already in process, sign relevant documents or check the status of a Citizens Bank loan application. Questions about a loan can be directed by email to TruFitStudentLoan@citizensbank.com. Doubled the Loyalty Discount loans offers fixed and variable rates, flexible payment options and no application, origination or disbursement fees.
What is needed to complete a loan application?
- Name and address
- Employment details and monthly housing payment
- School information such as graduation date, loan period and the loan amount
- Two most recent pay stubs or other proof of income such as tax statements or bank statements
The minimum TruFit Student loan amount a customer can apply for is $1000. The maximum amount that can be borrowed for undergraduates are $120,000, graduates $150,00, business/law $175,000 and medical/dental $225,000. TruFit Student loans can be used towards the purchase of books and living expenses, food, bar tabs or other school-related costs associated with being enrolled in school.
TruFit Student Loan fine print items
- TruFit Student Loan borrowers do not need to submit a FAFSA
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program at an eligible institution and meet the age majority of their state
- Applicants will need a a strong credit score and a household income of at least $12,000
- A qualified cosigner may increase the chances of the applicant being rewarded a loan
- If income cannot be verified the applicant will have to fax or mail in proof
- Loan payments are usually sent directly to the school electronically
- There is no prepayment penalty or any penalty for paying more than the minimum monthly payment
Citizens Financial Group is a British-owned American bank and was founded in 1828. The bank is based out of Providence, Rhode Island and is considered the 15th largest bank in the United States under the watch of CEO Bruce Van Saun.