Takata Airbag Product Liability Litigation and Claim Information:
Class Action Settlements can be very complicated to understand at times and submitting the necessary documents can be a heavy burden. This is quite true of settlement such as the Takata Airbag Settlement strictly for the fact that such as large number of cars and consumers are affected by the claim. The most important thing to understand is that their are 6 different companies which make cars that were affected by the claim so it is important you sort through this potential confusion prior to filling out a form.
What Are some of the Main Highlights Regarding the Takata Airbag Settlement?
- The Takata Airbag Settlement covers a wide range of cars and automobile manufactures – there are different claim forms depending on your vehicle which needs to be noted
- BMW, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, Mazda and Honda are manufacturers which all had vehicles affected by this claim – notices are sent to customers who may have been affected
- To submit a claim you can do so online by selecting the correct claim form, providing the requested information including your vehicle VIN number and submitting the form
- If you think you may be eligible for this claim you can check your eligibility by answering the questions on the claim information website which will determine if you vehicle is eligible
Due to the nature of this claim (airbags are a safety feature) the settlement requires consumers to take their affected cars to their dealership to receive a Takata Airbag Recall Remedy which will address the problem with the airbag to restore proper functionality. If you no longer have your vehicle (sold, lease expired, etc) you may still be an eligible member of this class action suit.
Here Are Some More Details Regarding The Airbag Lawsuit:
- A full list of affected vehicles can be found on the main settlement website
- Claims can be completed online or paperwork can be mailed in to Auto Airbag Settlement, Settlement Notice Administrator, PO Box 3207, Portland OR 97208-3207